This instructional course qualifies corrections professionals as trainers in the field. The programme includes relevant topics related to the complexity of training adult learners in prison and probation contexts.
With this course, participants will be able to differentiate inmates’ behavioural types and how to deal with the many challenges and problems that might arise during training. Another goal is to guide professionals in the process of developing lesson plans, writing learning objectives adapted to the learners’ performance and conducting an adequate assessment.
Estimated duration: 3h for 1 week.
Who should attend?
• Prison staff including top and middle management, reintegration and education staff, prison officers, teachers and trainers
• Probation staff in charge of the training
• Professionals from community organisations
• e-Learning and self-study
• Certificate of completion
• e-Learning: 2h
• Self-study: 1h